My Sons

My Sons
My two sons. Christopher and Peyton

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!

Today is my oldest son's birthday. Chris turns 24 years old today. Over the years his birthday has been bittersweet.....When he was little I would bake him a birthday cake and look through all of his pictures that his AP sent me. AND I WOULD CRY MY EYES OUT! I missed Chris so badly.

Now, I am able to celebrate his birthday with pride and tell him how much I love him. Mail a card to his actual address and not through an agency. I may have missed his childhood, but I feel this strengthening bond between the two of us. I wish I would have been able to share everything with his parents, but open adoption was not really heard of in 1988. I am so happy times have changed.

I love you so much Christopher and I hope you have the greatest birthday....you deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kacy,

    I came across your blog & thought it gave an interesting look into the strength it takes to go through the birth mom process.

    I work for Leftfield Entertainment, a full-scale television production company with offices in New York City & LA. We create a number of programming (e.g. American Grit, Tiny House Nation, Alone) for a variety of networks including FOX, Bravo and Discovery.

    We are currently casting for one of our shows hosted by John Cena. Individuals will get the chance to work with experienced military leaders who will coach and guide them through both mental and physical challenges for the chance to make the personal transformation of a lifetime (not necessarily physically). We're looking for people with all different types of inspiring stories, who want to find their inner strength and even prove something to themselves/others. (FYI - This show is changing creative from first season, in case you happened to see it. Most people tend to watch & think they aren't right for it, but we are in fact looking for relatable, everyday Americans.)

    Feel free to let me know if you think it's something you'd be interested in.

    To visit our website:
    www.FindYourStrengthCasting.com
    Natalie.Sgro@leftfieldpictures.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete